Howard County - Where Community Pride Was Invented!
Located along the Upper Iowa River in Northeast Iowa, less than an hour from the Mississippi River.
Visit the boyhood home and farm of Dr. Norman Borlaug and stop in at the Iowa Wrestling Hall of Fame.
- Canoe the Upper Iowa River, explore Lake Hendricks in Riceville and the Nature Center at Vernon Springs.
- Miles of bike trails, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, off-road trails, and hiking. We have dirt track racing, 3 distinct golf courses, and excellent hunting & fishing areas.
- The first Fitness Trail in Iowa possesses outdoor equipment strategically placed along the Prairie Springs Recreation Trail. Enjoy your run/walk and work-out along the trail because this scenic experience now adds a challenge to all fitness levels!
- Visit the largest fitness center in the region (indoor pool, track and basketball court, hot tub, weights, virtual golf).
- Find out why we are so proud of Ellen Church!
- Every city has a summer festival and we celebrate Snowfest in January.
Howard County is home to Featherlite, Inc. as well as many innovative and unique businesses. Visit the largest flower and produce market in the region (Cedar Valley), the Amish and Mennonite greenhouses and shops, the first county-wide Farmers Market in the state of Iowa - EVERY city has a market. We have art galleries, bike shop, quilt shop and other specialty shops.
Contact our office to find out more about Howard County
101 2nd Ave SW, Cresco, Iowa 52136, 563.547.3434
Cresco and Howard County
Promote Your Page Too