Built in 1880 by William Kellow, Jr., the Kellow House is a fine example of a Second Empire style home. The Historical Society acquired the home in 1969 and restored the interior, but made no structural changes. William Kellow Sr., a farmer and stonemason, quarried the stone and built the foundation for his son’s home. Window sills are white cut stone and trim above the window is ornamental wood brackets. The roof was designed by a French Architect. The Historical Society has restored the interior, but made no structural changes. It is furnished in the period of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s with several of the furnishings being Kellow family heirlooms.
The Kellow House is also a resource center for the Howard County Historical Society and houses many pictures, county histories, and atlases. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places it is open by appointment anytime.