Northern Iowa Grain Processors started in 1995, extracting oils from oil seeds. In 1999, Northern Iowa Grain made the move to processing only 100 percent organic grains. Presently, the company processes for several organic companies in the Midwest.
Northern Iowa Grain does not buy or sell organic grains or oils. We only process these products for a fee. Our production consists of 99 percent organic soybeans, while the other 1percent is made up of organic sunflowers and organic safflower seeds. The organic meal is shipped to Michigan, Pennsylvania, and California. The oil is shipped to organic refineries in Iowa and California to be refined and used in the organic food industry.
Find us on Facebook at Northern Iowa Grain Processors and on Twitter @northerniowagrainprocessors.